GLTools is a custom OpenGL driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM processor, x86 processors are not supported (Galaxy Tab 3 for example). If you still dont understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didnt disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if youll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
GLTools Features list:
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesnt support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesnt support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if youll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools Tested on:
HTC One X
Nexus 7 2013
GLTools Failed on:
Nexus 6 @ Android 6.0.1
Stock Nvidia Shield firmwares
Some games fail to work on devices with Mail GPU even with GLTools enabled. Adreno is supported much better.
GLTools Not working by design on:
Emulators of any kind.
Warnings/side-effects : First of all, please do not restore backups of this app data (with Titanium Backup, etc), Ill add a feature to export/backup/share settings later, for now it can result in shuffle of your settings. The same for app uninstalling, disable custom preferences for app before removal.
Added Android 8 support.
Fixed 16 bit rendering.
Need ROOT + Modded GP or GLTools Patcher
If your device is not installed Modded GP or Freedom,use GLTools Patcher
How to Patch?
- Make sure you have installed GLTools
- Download Install GLTools Patcher
- Open GLTools Patcher
- Click Patch You are Done